Tired of going to multiple Apps to get the information you need to plan a fishing trip? Want to know the Major and Minor Feeding Times, Moon Phase, Barometric Pressure Readings, have access to Tide Charts and Color Weather Radar, as well as the Weather Forecasts and Weather Conditions for any location you’re planning on fishing?
FirstMate® was created and produced by former touring pro angler and host of the syndicated radio fishing show “Tight Lines® with Sammy Lee”.
Sammy’s more than thirty years of fishing experience lead him to design what he thinks is the ultimate app that will have every piece of fishing information you need to assure you of a successful trip every time you go on the water.
1. Fishin’ Times - Everything you need to plan your next trip:
Major & Minor Feeding Times
Current Moon Phase
You even have the ability to change the date and location of your future fishing trips so that you can see what the Moon Phase and the Major & Minor Feeding Times will be days, weeks, months in advance.
See the Fishin’ Times for the entire 7 day week.
There are even different saltwater species of fish shown on each day of the week, for your enjoyment.
2. Weather - Current Weather Conditions for your area, today’s forecast, tonight’s forecast and the forecast for the next six days in your local area or any area you choose.
We even include the current temperature, humidity level, dew point, wind chill, heat index, wind direction and barometric pressure.
Also included on the Weather page is a Color Weather Radar Screen that allows you to see any approaching storm fronts for 100 miles around you.
In addition, we also have a Barometric Pressure Chart showing a chart of the barometric pressure readings since midnight for your area. Now you never have to wonder if the fish are biting, because you know whether the barometer’s been rising, falling or steady since Midnight for the area you are checking.
3. S.L.O.B. - Use the S.L.O.B. page to store photos and important information about your catch. Including what lure you used, where you caught your fish, and the length & weight of your catch. Plus the weather conditions from when you create the S.L.O.B. page will be stored.
After you record your S.L.O.B., you’ll find a map with the GPS location (longitude and latitude coordinates) below the screen.
This is to help you find your way back to your “secret spot” and with Geo-Tracking you simply touch the "i" on the map to find your way back to your "secret spot" from anyplace on earth.
Also, when you tap the "Share" button, you can email a copy of your S.L.O.B. to your fishing buddies, while still on the water!
We’ve even included links to your Facebook and Twitter account, so that you can brag about your catch directly to your ‘social networking’ friends.
4. Tide Chart - Every saltwater angler knows the importance of following the ‘tides’. Tide Charts allows you to see the times of the High & Low Tides in areas where there are reporting stations. *If your area doesn't have a Reporting Station then no tide data will be given.
5. Fishing News & Tips - We bring you the latest in fishing Information, including:
Fishing Industry News - We include news on the latest in new fishing products from rods, reels, lures, boats and motors on this page.
Fishing Tips - Additionally, we will provide fishing ‘tips’, every few days, that are assured of helping you catch more fish the next time you go out on the water!
I.G.F.A. News - Keep up to date on the latest in world-record catches from the International Game Fish Association.
Recipes - Want to know how to cook your catch? Then be certain to check the Recipes Folder every few days to find new, exciting, and different ways to prepare your catch for one or a hundred.
FirstMate® - “Every Captain Needs A FirstMate!™”